On May 11, 2022, the Terra blockchain collapsed, causing billions of dollars in losses for investors. The collapse was caused by a combination of factors, including a flaw in the design of the TerraUSD (UST) stablecoin and a coordinated attack by a large whale.
In the wake of the collapse, the Terra community voted to relaunch the blockchain with a new token, LUNA 2.0. The relaunch was successful, and LUNA 2.0 is now trading on exchanges. However, some industry leaders, including Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao (CZ), have expressed skepticism about the relaunch.
In this blog post, we will take a closer look at CZ’s skepticism about the Terra relaunch, as well as the pros and cons of the relaunch. We will also discuss what investors should keep in mind before investing in LUNA 2.0.
CZ’s skepticism about the Terra relaunch
In an interview with Cointelegraph, CZ expressed skepticism about the Terra relaunch for a number of reasons. First, he noted that the Terra community had not fully addressed the root causes of the original collapse. Second, he expressed concern about the lack of transparency and accountability in the Terra project. Third, he questioned the long-term viability of the Terra ecosystem.
CZ’s skepticism is shared by some other industry leaders. For example, Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong has said that he is “not convinced” that the Terra relaunch will be successful.
Pros and cons of the Terra relaunch
There are both pros and cons to the Terra relaunch. On the one hand, the relaunch gives investors a second chance to invest in the Terra project. Additionally, the new LUNA 2.0 token has some features that could make it more attractive to investors than the original LUNA token.
On the other hand, there are a number of risks associated with investing in LUNA 2.0. First, the Terra project has a damaged reputation, and it may be difficult to regain the trust of investors. Second, the Terra ecosystem is still under development, and there is no guarantee that it will be successful. Third, the cryptocurrency market is volatile, and the price of LUNA 2.0 could decline significantly in the future.
What investors should keep in mind
Before investing in LUNA 2.0, investors should carefully consider the risks involved. They should also do their own research to understand the Terra project and its new token.
Here are a few things that investors should keep in mind:
- The Terra project has a damaged reputation. Investors should carefully consider whether they trust the Terra team to deliver on its promises.
- The Terra ecosystem is still under development. Investors should be aware that there are risks associated with investing in an early-stage project.
- The cryptocurrency market is volatile. Investors should be prepared for the price of LUNA 2.0 to decline significantly in the future.
The Terra relaunch is a risky proposition for investors. However, there is also the potential for significant rewards. Investors should carefully consider the risks and rewards before investing in LUNA 2.0.
In addition to the information above, here are some other things that investors should keep in mind about the Terra relaunch:
- The Terra community has implemented a number of changes to the Terra protocol in an effort to address the root causes of the original collapse. These changes include reducing the supply of LUNA tokens and increasing the backing of the UST stablecoin.
- The Terra project has also launched a number of new initiatives, such as the Terra Alliance and the Terra Grants Program, in an effort to rebuild the Terra ecosystem.
- The Terra team has committed to greater transparency and accountability in the future. This includes regular audits of the Terra protocol and the Terra Foundation Guard (TFG), the non-profit organization that oversees the Terra ecosystem.
Despite these positive changes, there are still some risks associated with investing in LUNA 2.0. Investors should carefully consider the risks before investing in any cryptocurrency.